Business and enterprise networks are growing bigger and more complex. Along with that intricacy comes new challenges and the need for management. The answer to these problems is network visibility.
5 Benefits to Network Visibility
Simply put, this is about the awareness and control of applications, data, and users on a WAN or LAN network. This provides several key benefits:
1. Track and limit bandwidth abuse
- Monitor and manage users, applications, and devices. Even better when this can be done in real-time.
- If you have empire-like employees or applications hogging bandwidth in your network, visibility will enable you to pinpoint that source and limit their access accordingly.
- A better understanding of where bandwidth consumption is happening allows for better QoS (quality of service) policies.
2. Eliminate downtime
A comprehensive view of your entire network allows administrators to pinpoint the root of any issue. Network visibility means you can proactively assess problems before they critically affect your network.
3. Threat Management
- Capture network behaviour for incident detection
- Establish a baseline of normal behaviour and monitor flows for abnormal ones
- Create and analyze network logs and security devices
4. Troubleshoot better and faster
Network visibility provides the intelligence needed to proactively detect and mitigate issues. Instead of blindly diagnosing problems, engineers can take a more informed approach to troubleshoot with detailed information about every application and user in the network.
5. Plan for growth
Along with understanding the present status of your network, the intelligent information of current trends provides insight into the future of your network.
Network visibility allows you to follow trends, analyze that data, and make informed decisions about what’s to come next.
Simplifying IT is the heart of network visibility. When Network Administrators can easily maneuver through the network and pinpoint potential problems, it becomes easier to make decisions, lower operational costs, and maintain uptime. The result is a complex, yet expertly managed network that shapes the success of the entire organization.
iTel provides the tools you need to streamline complex networks in ways that make sense for your business. Talk to our team today and let’s get you started.