iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
iTel is a rapidly growing national carrier but we still maintain that start-up culture. Our focus is on delivering high-end data and voice solutions to customers throughout Canada and the United States. In this position, you’ll be a pretty big deal. First off, you’ll be part of the “dark side” team – the department that has cookies. But more importantly, you will be at the very core of what iTel does, ensuring our services are always performing.
If you are a highly motivated, efficient, and talented professional with experience in developing and maintaining carrier-grade network, you should email us.
This position is based in Kamloops, BC.
- – Basic knowledge of Linux CLI and Networking (DNS, Routing etc.)
- – Ability to combine creativity with strategy
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- – Experience with a ticketing system
- – Ability to work in a team environment
- – A desire to learn and grow, on the job training and certification is provided with pay incentives for certification.
Assets (“nice to have” things):
- – LPIC-1, RHCSA or similar
- – Experience with Asterisk and FreePBX or other VOIP systems
- – Python or scripting language experience
Why should you join our team?
We’re growing and we’re excited about it. We have our sights set high and the Systems Administrator will have a lot to do with that success. We are all about pushing the boundaries of what is capable, and having a little fun while doing it. “Great success!” or stunning failure, either way, we are looking to create a meaningful story with each project we do. (We prefer great success on the customer side, but we definitely might have started a small electrical fire in the test lab once).
What exceptional means at iTel
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional troubleshooter and have the ability to provide excellent customer service. A big part of your job will be working with clients to investigate potential problems and issues and to figure out how we future proof against them occurring again. A knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment are also great assets.
What you’ll be doing
This position is a mix of a little bit of everything. We can bet you’ll never get bored, especially working alongside the support and dev team crew, if you like to joke around you’ll fit right in. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for maintaining Asterisk and FreePBX Systems as well as Level 1 Support. Here are some additional things you be involved in:
- -Troubleshoot problems relating to telecommunications, networking, virtualization/li>
- – Manage and configure Linux systems
- – Manage and troubleshoot VOIP systems
- – Answer initial inbound Support calls, gaining as much detail from the customer as possible documenting customer issues and requests.
- – Provide excellent customer service utilizing your honed interpersonal skills
- – Evaluate and correct upstream and downstream provider issues
- – Write documentation on common requests in the form of Help Centre articles
- – Remain up-to-date on the latest Support Team procedures and follow them carefully
- – Work with the team to meet Service Level Agreements and other customer service goals
- – Follow defined support procedures, escalating as needed per defined criteria
Let’s talk numbers
The annual salary for Systems Administrator I will vary depending on experience and is based on a 40hr/wk. We offer flexible hours, do what needs to be done, keep everything running smoothly and you have the benefit of being able to take whatever time you need to maintain balance.
Not a systems admin, but think you might have something to add to our team? Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!