iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
The Dev is responsible for building, maintaining, and improving infrastructure supporting our products and tools, and developing and/or integrating applications requested by internal/external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, configure, and manage Linux systems required for development and/or products based on plans approved by management.
- Configure, deploy, manage virtual machines as needed/requested with clearance from departments involved.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues related to systems and/or internal applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with our virtual environment and/or hardware storage
- Script tools as needed for support and maintenance.
- Document customer issues and requests
- Write technical documentation
- Work with the Project Manager to scope, estimate, develop, and deploy application features
- Spec hardware for customer product deployment and internal infrastructure needs
Skills and Core Qualifications:
- Extensive Linux experience (LPIC/RHCE)
- VMware experience (VCP6.5 cert or higher)
- iSCSI SAN Knowledge (experience with Dell Equallogic SAN is an asset)
- Experience in agile software development cycles, and with CI and VCS tools
- Ability to learn new frameworks and apply acquired knowledge in projects/tasks
- Ability to set up production and development environments from scratch
- Ability to make rollout and rollback plans
- Ability to do version deployments with little to no risk and downtime (High Availability)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Ability to follow company standards and internal processes
You’re capable of driving the creation of a GPU rendering pipeline allowing iTel to sell raw GPU compute time in its data centres to businesses in need of rendering and machine-learning resources. This is a new and uncharted space, requiring a forward-thinking innovator that can balance business development in this sector with a deep technical understanding of GPU processing, as well as, designing scalable systems to deliver business value.
What you’ll be doing:
This role requires a background in photogrammetry processing pipelines, familiarity with computer-vision applications, and data processing workflows for deep learning and artificial intelligence.
Key Roles and Responsibility:
- Lead an innovative team of data scientists and developers by building a platform for GPU compute power that creates tangible value for businesses that require rendering resources.
- Build relationships with Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Health Institutions, Machine Learning Companies, and AI Research Institutions in need of raw GPU compute power. Gather business requirements, prioritize information and develop service offerings.
- Deep knowledge of business and technical requirements in graphics processing applications and use-cases (rendering, ML).
- Requires collaboration with business teams at iTel to develop relevant services for potential clients.
Great candidates also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years managing development teams in emerging technology spaces
- 5+ years experience in architecting GPU rendering systems and pipelines
That little something extra:
You’re familiar with the telecom industry and know your way around popular CRM software solutions, such as Hubspot and Salesforce. You have the ability to write succinct, crisp emails, and display an excellent phone manner.
If you’re looking to work with talented developers, in a rewarding work environment with the opportunity have an impact, we want to hear from you!
The salary for the Business Development & Technical Program Manager will vary based on experience.
- Commission-based salary with on target earnings of $30,000 – $55,000
- Receive hourly wages for the first 60 days of training (or until quota is reached, whichever comes first)
- Monthly performance incentives and rewards
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
1) Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
2) Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
3) An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
4) How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!