iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Latency and packet loss is the absolute worst. We hate it, and we’re looking for someone who shares that sentiment. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Sr. Network Engineer IV will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining switch and router configurations essential to low latency high-quality data transmission over Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet and MPLS circuits.
Not only is this position highly technical, but it is also customer facing. Are you super detail oriented AND a people-person? We like the sounds of that! This position involves frequent customer consultation so native-level English fluency is a must.
Why should you join our team?
We’re growing and we’re excited about it. We have our sights set high and the Sr. Network Engineer IV will have a lot to do with that success. iTel is currently one of the widest reaching network service providers in Canada, we interconnect the networks of every single fiber network in Canada. We are all about pushing the boundaries of what is capable, and having a little fun while doing it. “Great success!” or stunning failure, either way, we are looking to create a meaningful story with each project we do. (We prefer great success on the customer side, but we definitely might have started a small electrical fire in the test lab once)
What exceptional means at iTel
The Sr. Network Engineer IV position is highly involved and one of our most senior positions. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional troubleshooter and have the ability to provide excellent customer service. A big part of your job will be working with clients to investigate potential problems and issues and to figure out how we future proof against them occurring again. As a senior member of the team, you will work with minimal supervision while passing on your knowledge to a small but growing team of Network Administrators assisting you in day to day tasks. A knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment are also great assets.
- CCIE R&S (Routing&Switching), CCIE SP (Service Provider) or equivalent level of expertise
- Cisco ASR9K (IOS XR) Cisco 7600 (IOS), ASR1K (IOS XE)
- General understanding of network security (IPS/IDS)
- Carrier Ethernet
- MEF standards
- MPLS Networking
- Knowledge of network management concepts and basic protocols
- Knowledge of / experience with IP, Wireless or Optical Networking
- Knowledge in IP networking, familiar with networking concepts such as Routing Protocols (ie OSPF, BGP), MPLS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS
- Monitor unassigned tickets, dealing with them in priority sequence
- Document customer issues, requests, and configurations
- Write technical documentation
- Analyze TCP/UDP traffic at the packet level (Know your wireshark or netmon flags by heart?)
- Interact with and configure virtual networks (Vmware, Hyper-V, OpenFlow, Linux Bridge)
- Script tools as needed for support and maintenance
- Build and deploy development/unstable open source projects from source
- Training new Network Administrators in process and procedure acting as a mentor and escalation point
- Thorough knowledge of the Linux CLI with at least LPIC-1 or RHCSA (or demonstrated equivalent knowledge)
- Python or other scripting language
- Scripting/Development experience
- SDN/VMWare/Virtual networking
- Used debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions
- LPIC-2, RHCE or similar
- Understanding of SS7 Signalling
Not a network engineer, but think you might have something to add to our team? Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
1) Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
2) Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
3) An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
4) How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!