iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Reporting to the Finance and Administrative Manager, the Payroll and Billing Specialist performs complex full cycle payroll processing and reporting in a computerized function, as well as being responsible for customer account set-ups, monthly billing, receivables, and answering inquiries.
- Prepares and processes full-cycle payroll on a bi-monthly basis for salary and
hourly employees across multiple provinces. Prepares electronic fund
transfers and other financial arrangements.
- Reconciles, files and remits monthly, quarterly and annual payments.
- Calculates and records journal entries for payroll for each pay period and
- Resolves time entry issues and assists with time entry as required; collects time
and pay reports, follows up on outstanding information.
- Processes expenses claims.
- Maintains records, inputs information into computer system, generates payroll
transactions and reports; validates, balances, edits and corrects entries.
- Maintains and processes employee information records for complex
transactions; performs manual calculations of pay and deductions as
- Audits and analyzes payroll procedures and systems.
- Assists with creating efficient and effective systems and processes for the
- Works with Human Resources regarding payroll and benefit matters.
- Prepares T4 and year-end documents, together with other required regulatory
- Ensures compliance with government and provincial legislation, regulations,
and policies and practices.
- Responds to payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepares adhoc reports, participates in special projects as directed.
- Sets up and/or cancels customer accounts, prepares billings, and ensures
collections are received.
- Conducts accounts receivable duties including set up and processing of credit
cards, cheque, EFT, e-transfer, ACH payments.
- Responds and resolves customer inquiries.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with full cycle payroll administration
- Highly proficient in payroll software; as well as Microsoft suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with the ability to problem solve
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and judgement
Post-secondary education in a related field plus three years’ recent, related experience administering payroll. Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) an asset. A combination of education, skills, and experience may be considered.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!