iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Latency and packet loss are the absolute worst. We hate it, and we’re looking for someone who shares that sentiment. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Network Architect will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining switch and router configurations essential to low latency high-quality data transmission over Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet and MPLS circuits.
Not only is this position highly technical, but it is also customer facing. Are you super detail oriented AND a people-person? We like the sound of that! This position involves frequent customer consultation so native-level English fluency is a must.
What Exceptional Means:
The Network Architect position is highly involved and one of our most senior positions. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional troubleshooter and have the ability to provide excellent customer service. A big part of your job will be working with our Network Operations and technical clients to investigate potential problems and issues and to figure out how we future proof against them occurring again. As a senior member of the team, you will work with minimal supervision while passing on your knowledge to a small but growing team of Network Engineers assisting you in day to day tasks. A knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment are also great assets.
- Analyzes business needs, establishes all technical project requirements, designs requirements and specifications for programs in accordance with business and customer requirements.
- Implements and maintains a VM infrastructure (utilizing VMWare)
- Implements and maintains a Windows Active Directory infrastructure.
- Performs tests on processes, prepares documentation and specifications, and ensures proof of concept is validated and effective.
- Collaborates with team members and departments to design, monitor and resolve business and customer implementation activities.
- Prepares, maintains, and organizes all technical and business documents required to support technical solutions created, including user guides.
- Maintains effective professional relationships with partners, customers and team members on projects.
- Maintains required reporting and metrics; tracks problems.
- Provides pre and post implementation support including troubleshooting, updates and training.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies in addition to researching new technologies to keep up with industry standards and to provide innovative solutions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related field
- A minimum of five years’ recent, related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- CCIE R&S (Routing&Switching), CCIE SP (Service Provider) or equivalent level of expertise
- Cisco ASR9K (IOS XR) Cisco 7600 (IOS), ASR1K (IOS XE)
- Juniper SRX (JUNOS)
- General understanding of network security (IPS/IDS)
- Carrier Ethernet
- MEF standards
- MPLS Networking
- Knowledge of network management concepts and basic protocols
- Knowledge of / experience with IP, Wireless or Optical Networking
- Knowledge in IP networking, Routing Protocols (ie OSPF, BGP, ISIS), MPLS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS
- Monitor unassigned tickets, dealing with them in priority sequence
- Document customer issues, requests, and configurations
- Write technical documentation
- Analyze TCP/UDP traffic at the packet level (Know your Wireshark or Netmon flags by heart?)
- Script tools as needed for support and maintenance
- Training new Network Engineers in process and procedures and acting as a mentor and escalation point
- Python or other scripting language would be an asset
Nice to Have:
- Scripting/Development experience
- Linux experience
- SDN/VMWare/Virtual networking
- Used debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
Location: Kamloops preferred, but remote working arrangements may be possible.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!