iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Reporting to the NOC Manager, as the Network Administrator II, you will work with the Operations department, our upstream carriers, and the customer to deliver their services. You will also work with the Network Engineering department to deploy new, and maintain existing infrastructure that supports our customer base.
Not only is this position highly technical, but it is also customer facing. Are you super detail oriented AND a people-person? We like the sounds of that! This position involves frequent customer consultation so native-level English fluency is a must.
Why should you join our team?
We’re growing and we’re excited about it. We have our sights set high and the Network Administrator will have a lot to do with that success. iTel is currently one of the widest reaching network service providers in Canada, we interconnect the networks of every single fiber network in Canada. We are all about pushing the boundaries of what is capable, and having a little fun while doing it. “Great success!” or stunning failure, either way, we are looking to create a meaningful story with each project we do. (We prefer great success on the customer side, but we definitely might have started a small electrical fire in the test lab once)
What exceptional means at iTel
The Network Administrator II position is highly involved with resolving customer facing issues. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional troubleshooter and have the ability to provide excellent customer service. A big part of your job will be working with clients to investigate potential problems and issues and to figure out how we future proof against them occurring again. A knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment are also great assets.
- TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, VRFs, MPLS Pseudowires, VPLS, DNS, NTP, SSH, SSL, IPSec
- Layer 2 services such as LAN and VLAN Switching and Trunking, Spanning Tree, 802.1q
- Carrier Ethernet ELAN and E-LINE Services, 802.1ad, Q-in-Q
- Design and read network diagrams as well as implement and support services based on said diagrams
- Network ID Assignment
- Coordinating with carriers and customers for service Test and Turn Ups
- Managing departmental tickets which will include interfacing with customers/carrier partners and troubleshooting/resolving service impacting issues
- Documenting infrastructure setups, issues, and implemented solutions
- Managing Active Directory and the File Servers
- Veeam Technical Sales Professional (VMTSP) – Advise Sales of Veeam’s technicality when needed
- Hardware configuration for customers and internal projects
- Plan, estimate, and execute tasks in projects to achieve team/company’s objectives
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining the following:
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!