iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Landscape & Grounds Maintenance
Reporting to the VP Contract and Corporate Administration, you will be responsible for performing duties to clean, maintain and cultivate the landscaped environments and outside premises. This includes all start-up, weekly, monthly, and fall clean up and maintenance for the grounds of iTel Networks Inc. throughout the season. You will ensures all maintenance undertaken and equipment operated is being done is a safe manner.
Please note that this position is seasonal.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions in various weather conditions.
- Ability to operate and maintain required equipment and power tools.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety requirements required under Worksafe BC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Rake, mulch, and prune grounds. Mow and edge all lawns; trim around all signs, bollards, fire hydrants, etc. on lawn areas and mow and trim all grass growing between shrubs in those areas where grass has grown in and covered the ground.
- Remove weeds and grass growing in rock beds, concrete slabs, etc.; cultivate ground around shrubs in those areas where there is no grass or ground cover.
- Prune trees, shrubs and groundcover throughout the property ensuring curbs and sidewalks are kept clear; remove vines, weeds and growth growing through the shrubs.
- Remove broken or fallen branches from trees; remove sucker growth from tree trunks.
- Clean litter and garbage on property; remove leaves from plants, planters and parking lots.
- Plant and maintain flower pots/beds as required.
- Sweep or blow clean all walkways, curbs, and gutters.
- Check for signs of disease or pest infestation and advise Manager if action needs to be taken; apply fertilizer to grounds to enhance growth and pesticides as required.
- Ensure irrigation is optimized for plant health and reduced water consumption; identify broken irrigation heads and lines and arrange for repair or replacement.
- Follow weekly, monthly, and seasonal maintenance schedules.
- Operate and maintain lawn and maintenance equipment in accordance with the required maintenance schedule (eg. Mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, pruning equipment, pressure washer, etc.).
- Follow safety requirements and standards for the position.
- Clean outside areas and furniture.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High school diploma; however, knowledge of landscape design, horticulture or arboriculture is an asset. A provincial license to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!