iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
The Implementation Engineer analyzes business and customer needs, designs and implements technical programs and solutions for business and customer requirements. Performs testing, prepares documentation and specifications, and ensures proof of concept is effective and implemented appropriately.
- Analyzes business needs, establishes all technical project requirements, designs requirements and specifications for programs in accordance with business and customer requirements.
- Implements and maintains a VM infrastructure (utilizing VMWare)
- Implements and maintains a Windows Active Directory infrastructure.
- Performs tests on processes, prepares documentation and specifications, and ensures proof of concept is validated and effective.
- Collaborates with team members and departments to design, monitor and resolve business and customer implementation activities.
- Prepares, maintains, and organizes all technical and business documents required to support technical solutions created, including user guides.
- Maintains effective professional relationships with partners, customers and team members on projects.
- Maintains required reporting and metrics; tracks problems.
- Provides pre and post implementation support including troubleshooting, updates and training.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies in addition to researching new technologies to keep up with industry standards and to provide innovative solutions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, physical science, engineering or related field plus a minimum of five years’ recent, related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards
- Demonstrates initiative, judgment and adaptability; takes a solution-based approach to problems and resolves problems quickly and effectively
- Possesses strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of VMWare and VCenter
- Strong knowledge of Backup technologies and SANs (familiarity with the Dell EqualLogic product would an asset)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server infrastructure (Replication, AD, DNS, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016)
- Strong knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems would be an asset
- Ability to organize work, be accurate, set priorities, multi-task and work with minimal direction; ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a team, or independently
- Ability to be creative and innovative to respond to the business and technical support needs
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship skills and provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite applications
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!