iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Are you a Hands-On Human Resources Professional Looking to Join an Industry Leader?
Reporting to the CEO, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing the HR infrastructure and key HR programs, services, policies and consistent practices that support our growth into the future, as well as the attraction and retention of talent, positive culture that supports high performance, productivity and employee engagement. The successful individual will be collaborative, build trust and strong relationships across all organizational levels, and take a hands on approach to deliver results and support the growth of the business.
- Develops and implements the HR infrastructure including employee files and consistent policies, procedures and processes aligned with regulatory requirements, our values, and best practices.
- Performs a variety of HR administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence, employee communications, running reports (such as vacation, headcount, etc.), processing new hire information and employee changes.
- Provides excellent customer service and acts as a resource to managers and employees regarding all HR related matters.
- Coaches, guides and assists others so the best solution can be achieved in the interest of the business and employees.
- Supports employee engagement and positive workplace culture initiatives.
- Assists with workplace investigations and dispute resolution as required.
- Ensures regulatory and legislative requirements are maintained.
- Coordinates the recruitment process for the business including posting positions, pre-screening applicants, recommending candidates to the manager, conducting reference checks and preparing offer letters.
- Develops and implements onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Coordinates and supports the performance management process.
- Supports training and development programs.
- Conducts organizational and job design; develops job descriptions and evaluates roles accordingly.
- Develops and implements a compensation framework and ensures policies, practices are administered consistently.
- Conducts benefit administration and performs required reconciliation in collaboration with Payroll as required.
- Coordinates attendance management programs, including Worksafe claims, short and long term disability and medical leaves.
- Works collaboratively with Finance on payroll related items.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a Human Resources Generalist role. CPHR designation. An equivalent combination of education, skills & abilities and experience may be considered.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and provincial regulation and legislation regarding Human Resources
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship skills at all levels of an organization and provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR solutions, practices and processes
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to solve complex matters
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, multi-task and work with minimal direction
- Strong project management skills and able to deliver results and adhere to deadlines; willingness to be hands on and roll up the sleeves to get things done
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite applications
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a team, or independently
- Ability to be creative and innovative to respond to the business needs
- Possess business acumen and critical thinking skills and have the ability to anticipate future needs of the business
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!