We’re growing and we’re excited about it. We have our sights set high and this position will have a lot to do with that success. iTel is currently one of the widest reaching network service providers in Canada, we interconnect the networks of every single fiber network in Canada. We are all about pushing the boundaries of what is capable and having a little fun while doing it. “Great success!” or stunning failure – either way, we are looking to create a meaningful story with each project we do. We prefer great success on the customer side… but we definitely might have started a small electrical fire in the test lab once.
What You’ll Do
Work with the development team on different projects to build a variety of software tools in the telecommunication space. You will architect, develop and deploy high quality applications that meet our business objectives. Collaborate with team members to understand software requirements, identify issues, and integrate solutions. Mentor junior developers and establish best practices for the team.
What ‘Exceptional’ Means:
To use your strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills to create high-quality applications and solutions. Exceptional also means having a knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment.
A minimum of three years of software development experience.
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
- CI/CD Pipelines automation
- QA Automation
- GitHub, BitBucket
Agile, Coaching & Quality
- Great team player
- Advocate of Deep Work culture
- Code Review
- QA Automation
- Daily coaching and mentoring to other junior developers
Experience working in Agile with distributed teams
That something extra:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science expertise
- Cloud and Telecom domain knowledge
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
- Location: Kamloops
- Salary: Experience-Dependant
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for any position.