iTel is different. We have a stellar team and offer products, services and essentially more freedom than traditional large carriers could ever provide. We are at the forefront of the fiber and cloud innovation in North America.
iTel is revolutionizing the way businesses connect through our services. We are a rapidly growing national carrier that has tripled in size over the last year and we’re not stopping there. Despite our expansion, we pride ourselves in maintaining a startup culture atmosphere with our close-knit team and collaborative environment – come be a part of the revolution!
Front End Developer I/II
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our growing team. This is a highly technical position with frequent customer consultation. We want awesome problem solvers with native-level English fluency to ensure our customers are receiving the top-notch support iTel is famous for.
CycleJS so hot, React component on that VDOM so fast… but really just some Angular 1.5 because it is stable and it works. If you love front end development, trying out new frameworks, and have the technical prowess to understand the value in leaving some of the new hotness on the table and instead using a tried and true staple library with some well thought out performance hacks we should talk.
We are looking for someone that has a toolchain they like, a process, and a style – drop in and go. However, if you haven’t settled on such things yet but you are fast and capable, we are still interested in chatting, which is why this position is listed as a I/II position depending on experience. Someone with more experience in this role would have the ability to largely dictate the styling and toolchain of new projects going forward. We are ok with getting a little crazy too, it just has to have a purpose and a goal.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
We’re growing and we’re excited about it. We have our sights set high and the Front End Developer will add to that success by mastering our UI/UX platforms. We are all about pushing the boundaries of what is capable, and having a little fun while doing it. “Great success!” or stunning failure, either way, we are looking to create a meaningful story with each project we do. (We prefer great success on the customer side, but we definitely might have started a small electrical fire in the test lab once).
What exceptional means at iTel
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional front end developer that is capable of communicating the technical capabilities of a platform and helping guide end user experience. They will have the ability to work with a project manager to wade through dev requests to determine what has the most value and how quickly it can be done. Someone who believes in code testability and test coverage, and enforcing design framework and policy while still remaining flexible to new concepts and approaches. A knack for picking up new concepts and working in a fast-paced environment are also great assets.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with front-end web frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Understanding of UX design
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Experience with version control, specifically Git
- Understanding of RESTful web services
- Basic knowledge of Linux CLI and Networking
- Build and deploy development/unstable open source projects from source
- Document customer issues and requests
- Ability to create applications based on user’s needs and requirements
- Maintain custom applications for iTel custorob cec mers as requested
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Assets (“nice to have: things):
- Experience with Python
- Experience with CSS templating language (Sass, Less)
- Experience with HTML templating language (Pug)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Ability to learn new frameworks quickly and independently
- Troubleshoot problems relating to telecommunications, networking, virtualization
- Manage and configure Linux systems
Let’s Talk Numbers
The salary for Front End Developer I/II will range between $35,500, and $47,900 for the level I position and between $43,100 to $58,700 for the level II position depending on experience and is based on 40hr/wk. This position is based in Kamloops, BC, though for the right candidate remote work will be considered.
We have an unlimited vacation policy. Do what needs to be done, keep everything running smoothly, and you have the benefit of being able to take whatever time you need to maintain balance.
Not a Front End Developer, but think you might have something to add to our team? Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining the following:
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
- Include a link to your GitHub account and/or portfolio of your work.
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to [email protected] and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!